June 24, 2012

Motorstorm RC

Date played: June 22nd and 23rd
Platform: Vita
Time played: 90 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Motorstorm RC looks and runs great on Vita
Holy shit, this game is free on Vita! GET IT. This is a top down arcade racer based on the Motorstorm franchise. I played the demo a while ago and enjoyed it so I'm really happy to get it free. It really surprised me how much I had fun here... The game is simple, it has races, time trials and overtake events, all of which are great and short. This seems like the perfect portable game for a racing junkie like me. It has eight different types of cars, all of which handle very differently. It's just too bad that the cars unlocked are not any different, they are just model and palette swaps. I actually played through about half of the game already so it seems pretty short but it's lots of fun.