June 18, 2012

Batman Arkham City

Date played: June 18th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 45 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

After finishing Vanquish, I wanted to keep working on my backlog of PS3 games which I've been chopping down at a steady rate in the last few weeks. It turns out I completely forgot how to play Batman so I spent a bit of time in menus, just re-learning the combos, gadgets and moves. This is clearly not a game for someone who doesn't play a lot of games. It's actually kind of staggering the amount of moves that are available to Batman...

I assaulted the Joker's base and got tricked into getting knocked the fuck out by the Joker as I was looking at his double. The fucker infused Batman with some infected Titan blood, the stuff that made Bane. I played a Catwoman chapter and it was pretty standard fare, though I keep forgetting that she can walk on certain ceilings. She is "negotiating" with Poison Ivy to get...something, I forget.
Fucking Joker, always a pain in the ass

I then kind of just wandered around as Batman, completing a few side quests, some AR missions which can give me free upgrades and some Riddler puzzles. I think this is the kind of game that can get boring if I don't go to the next mission after a bit of wandering. The side missions are cool and all but it all feels disjointed, like a GTA game. Thankfully, the missions themselves are awesome. Next, I have to find the coldest spot in Arkham City to retrieve the antidote held by Mr. Freeze!