June 1, 2012

Diablo 3

WIZARD!
Date played: May 31st
Platform: PC
Time played: 60 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

My brother decided to play Diablo 3 so me and my buddy made some new characters to play with him. Unfortunately, my brother wasn't online but we still played up to level 5. He made a Demon Hunter and I made a Wizard. One thing that was apparent right away is that I'm going to have to play this differently... The wizard is squishy and ranged while my barbarian is tough and melee.

My wizard has a magic missile combined with a sort of ice beam. He also has frost nova which freezes enemies in place around him. The ice beam is great because it slows down enemies and being with a demon hunter, enemies died before they even got close to us. I also tried out a lighting spell that could become very powerful depending on the runes. It sends out a bunch of lightning on the ground in front of the wizard, acting as a sort of area of effect attack. I'm really more excited about just playing with my bro.