January 2, 2012

Renegade Ops

Date played: December 30th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 60 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through two more missions and am now ready to take on mission 6. The game is more of the same but it's still damn fun. It really takes advantage of it's nice graphics and physics system. Shit blows up in Renegade Ops and it looks great doing it.
The split screen mode is really fun!

More interestingly, I played the first mission in co-op with a friend who was visiting. We had lots of fun but he lost all his lives just before getting into the helicopters. It's a bit lame that I couldn't give him some of my lives or something but it was still cool. I let him use the air strike girl and I tried the jeep dude who has a heavy gun. It's not as overpowered as the air strike, mainly because you have to stay immobile when using it but it's still powerful and useful. I should also mention that I love the way split screen is handled, it changes perspectives depending on how close you are to the other player.