January 11, 2012

Renegade Ops

Date played: January 10th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 70 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I finished Renegade Ops and what a fun ride it was! The last level was by far the most difficult. It was long and hard as she would say. I ran out of lives twice and had to restart but thankfully, I killed the last boss on my third try. The worst part is that I lost most of my lives in one very specific area. The problem is that there were three rocket towers and a tank in a sort of basement area that forced me to go down there. It's a confined area and it's swarming with rockets. I dropped my air strike in there but it wasn't enough, there just wasn't enough wiggle room.

After a few tries, I got through with hit and run tactics and completed the level. There was a cool gauntlet section where I was going up an elevator. Then I finally fought the boss who drove a huge wheeled vehicle. He wasn't very hard as long as I kept my distance and refilled my health by destroying his helicopter minions. There was a cool twist at the end that I won't spoil but let's just say that someone called someone else a bitch and there was some punching. I then tried to play online but there was no one else playing unfortunately. Too bad...
Furck you Inferno, fuck you.

In the end, I truly enjoyed playing this game and I might just buy the DLC mission, it has three missions for 5$, pretty reasonable. This is easily the best twin stick shooter I've played outside of Geometry Wars 2.