January 3, 2012

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Date played: January 2nd
Platform: PS3
Time played: 150 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I think I played through an important part of the main quest since I deciphered the lexicon that was given to me by the weird hermit who lives up north AND I picked up an Elder Scroll. In fact, I had no idea before this quest that Elder Scrolls were actually a thing and not just an old video game name.

I went through a gigantic underground city full of glowing mushrooms, dwarven ruins, Falmer and a rare flower called Crimson Ninroot. My quest was simple. Reach a weird device, put the lexicon in, press a few buttons and retrieve the Scroll. The hard part was a quest I picked in the depths of Blackreach which asked me to pick up 30 Crimson Ninroot. Now, Blackreach is a big place and it took me a solid hour to find all of them. It was a sucky quest, thankfully it's also the first of it's kind after 70+ hours.
Blackreach, now forever known as Follower Murderin' City

There was another important event that happened while I was down there. To my great sadness, J'zargo died. I'm not quite sure how it happened and I didn't notice he was gone until I was done collecting those darn plants. That means I didn't want to reload because I would have had to redo almost the entire dungeon. He was all decked out in Dragonbone armor too...

He was a great companion and will be remembered. RIP J'zargo, you were the best follower a Dragonborn could ask for.