January 6, 2017

Final Fantasy XV

Date played: January 5th
Platform: PS4

I'm in full side quest mode right now!

I began with a hunt and dog tag search who were in the same area. The dog tag was easy, but the hunt was by far the hardest I've done yet. I faced 7 killer wasps. On top of having very high HP, they fly and inflict poison. But that's not even the roughest part... The worst is that they also inflict confusion, which makes the controls all fucked up. I struggled for a long time in this battle, until I decided to look through my gear and equipped an accessory that negates confusion! After that, it was still challenging, but at least I stood a chance. It took me a very long time to win this battle, but in the end, I got it!

I then spent an absurd amount of time trying to complete two special fishing quests. Both required that I catch very large legendary fish. I tried and tried and tried, but I think I just need to be higher level in fishing, and maybe that I get some better fishing gear. I failed miserably and gave up.

Along the way, I also found a new part for the Regalia, so I went back to Cindy to install it. I was really happy to learn that the part would improve the car's top speed, so that's really cool. I figured I would try fighting some cactuars nearby to earn a cactuar needle, which I need to upgrade one of my weapons. I found one and killed it, but the little motherfucker didn't drop a needle.
Drop the fucking needle Cactuar!

I decided to go to Cape Caem to pick up a couple of side quests. The cat from Galdin Quay made it's way to the lighthouse, and he's hungry again! Thankfully, I had already caught it's favorite fish earlier and I was rewarded with an item that will allow me to upgrade the circular saw.

Iris had a quest for me too. She started a small garden at Cape Caem and needed help to plant seeds. After sleeping, the carrots had grown! Apparently, Ignis has a strong aversion to carrots, so he won't use them to cook. Instead, there's a restaurant owner who is really interested in them and he offers up a few cool things as rewards, including some weapons. I got an upgradeable pair of daggers for my troubles. I want to do more carrot farming, but I need to do a few other side quests or hunts for it to become available again.