January 16, 2017

Final Fantasy XV

Date played: January 14th
Platform: PS4

I began by checking in on the black chocobo egg I had rescued earlier. It hatched and is now a pretty little black chick. This gave me the ability to buy the best greens from the vendor, so that's pretty cool. I also returned to the Malmalam Thicket to get some dog tags for Dave. There wasn't much for me to do there except fight through a few weak enemies.

At this point, my quest log was pretty empty, and most of the remaining ones were level 50 and higher, so I thought it would be a good time to move on with the story. I headed to Cape Caem and finally set sail for Altissia! The boat ride was pretty long, long enough for the boys to have a long conversation. They talked about Ravus, the stoic Empire figure, and Ardyn Izunia, the way too friendly chancellor. They talked about Leviathan and how the Empire was trying to reach him before our party. They talked a lot, and it was a pretty cool scene, if a little too long.

Welcome to Altissia!
When we finally reached Altissia, I was in complete awe of the city's design, architecture and size. This isn't Lestallum... Altissia is absolutely gigantic and full of people everywhere! There's shops, cafes and even a whole gondola system that takes advantage of the city's canals. It's a little bit like a mix of Rome and Venice. It's beautiful.

Cid got us through the checkpoint with an old pass, then we headed to a cafe called Maagho, a place that is supposed to have some friendly contacts for us. I spent a lot of time just exploring the city, though there wasn't much to find aside from a few cool shops. I definitely have more ground to cover, so I'm sure there's some cool stuff to find.

When we went to Maagho's, we spoke with the owner a bit, then were met by a serious looking middle-aged woman. She says that she wants to discuss Leviathan, so we'll go meet her soon. I love the change of scenery provided by the wonderful city, and I am excited to see how the story will progress.