January 11, 2017

Final Fantasy XV

Date played: January 10th
Platform: PS4

I had another fun night with FFXV. I began with a side quest for the guy who runs the Chocobo Wiz stables. Apparently, black chocobos are very rare, and he spotted one that was in distress. We went to the location and while we couldn't find the bird, we found one of it's eggs. We brought it back to the owner of the stable so that he can help it hatch. He told me to come back in a few days, so we'll see what happens.

Since I was already at the Chocobo Wiz, I figured I should try winning those last races since my chocobo is now at maximum level. Plus, the black chocobo quest rewarded me with some crazy powerful greens that boost all of the chocobo's attributes for a single day. It turns out, that made all of the remaining events really easy. The only exception was racing against Iris and her hot pink chocobo. It was a lot closer, but I beat her by a beak's length!

I felt like fighting after racing so much, so I decided to take on some of the quests that sent me to the Rock of Ravatogh. I picked up a couple of hunts at the nearby outpost, which led to another battle against Killer Wasps, but I was better prepared this time and while it was still difficult, it was a lot faster than the other Killer Wasp hunt I had done earlier in the game. The second hunt sent me to fight some Wyverns, a new type of enemy. They are kind of like mini-dragons, so they were very enjoyable to fight.
Wyverns are fun to fight
The dungeon itself is actually pretty disappointing. There were some fun battles, but there was a LOT of slow climbing. I mean, it is a mountain, but fuck, it was so boring at times. At least the battles were badass. I also completed a bunch of quests here. I took some pictures for the dude in Lestallum, found some giant eggs to make a new kind of Cup Noodles and I picked up an item for the crazy frog lady.

Unfortunately, there was no boss in this dungeon. I simply reached the royal chamber and picked up a new mace. I went back to turn in all my quests and called it a night. I think I need to continue the story now, there isn't that much left to do except hunts and weapon upgrades for now.