July 26, 2012

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Date played: July 23rd and 24th
Platform: Vita
Time played: 120 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I'm not really sure why a lot of reviewers felt that this game wasn't excellent... It's easily the best third person game I've played on a handheld except Super Mario 3D Land which isn't even really third person. I mean, this is a true Uncharted game. Lots of exploration, puzzle solving, platforming and shooting. It performs well mechanically, visually, aurally and has an interesting story! Even the touch mini-games are fun...
Nate and Chase make a great team

Either way, I've played through a good portion of the game. It turns out Dante is an asshole who doesn't deserve Drake's and Chase's help. The story turned into the new team going after Chase's grandfather's trail to find treasure! And the grandpa I guess... There was a chase sequence, a sniping sequence, lots of regular cover based shooting and even a section where I had to guide Drake down a waterfall using the tilt controls.

Honestly, this game rocks and doesn't get the praise it deserves.