July 16, 2012

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Date played: July 15th
Platform: Vita
Time played: 90 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10


Well this game is turning out to be better than what I was expecting from reviews. Reviewers were bitching that the game was bland, not very spectacular and over run with Vita gimmicks. I find that it's a really fun third person action game with a few more Vita gimmicks than is healthy. 


This fire sequence was impressive
I played through about seven chapters and the story is starting to be more interesting. It turns out Dante, my little side kick man, is kind of a douche with his own agenda who practically sold me out to the bad guy. I also met Chase, a lady with some sort of deal with Dante who is also getting screwed. She's pretty much my new partner now. She's great too. She has a good voice actor, is funny and on top of that, she's really useful!


Nate also got captured by the bad guys at one point but Chase put my prison building on fire and I had to escape. The fire sequence was quite impressive on a small screen and it was actually fun and interesting to play. I'm kind of hooked on this game now.