July 10, 2012

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

Date played: July 9th
Platform: Vita
Time played: 90 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Ohhhh man... I am going to fall in love with this game. While the music quickly grated my ears, everything else is starting to look like an amazing game. I played through the first few tutorials which showed me things like team attacks, positioning and character management. I learned how to use the class room to create clubs that boost attributes, I learned how to recruit new characters and how to buy and sell items. I also learned about evilities that serve as battle skills. There was even a fight where the floor had attributes that affect battles. It's all a little crazy but I moved some blocks around and killed some of my guys in the process. Not too sure how that stuff works. This game is DEEP! I now have a real rivalry with the school delinquent and I've met a hero that I want to learn from to become a hero myself. The story is super Japanese and kind of dumb. I can't wait to get deeper in the mechanics.