July 8, 2012

Batman Arkham City

Date played: July 7th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 200 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played a shit load of Batman AC... I took down Ra's Al Ghul in a hallucination filled sequence. Ra's is a 600 year old ninja who's daughter messed around with Batman. After getting his blood, I had to bring it back to Freeze who turned against me, surprise! I fought Freeze in the GCPD. It was a pretty straight forward fight as long as I stayed hidden. While we were fighting, the fucking Joker got the only sample of the cure by drilling a hole in the wall. Fucking Joker. On the bright side, I unlocked the freeze grenade which can be used to make floating platforms in water, opening up many hidden areas.
Best side quest yet

Most of my time was spent on side quests though. I completed the Bane quest and took him out at the same time. I also encountered the Mad Hatter in a weird fight with Batman wearing a messed up mask that made him look...well, mad. I finally tracked down Zsaz and locked him up. I even managed to save another hostage from the Riddler. Now I have to track down Joker and get the cure back. He's taken control of the Steel Mill and has posted a shit ton of snipers around the area. Those guys hit hard and are hard to evade. There are new enemies too, guys with blades are more common and the thugs seem to have taken a liking to car doors as shields. It makes the fights more difficult but also more interesting.