May 8, 2012

Syndicate

Date played: May 8th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 120 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

Whew, what a ride! I played through about four missions in Syndicate, the latest futuristic shooter from EA. I fought my way through hordes of enemies with a fucking bad ass minigun that has infinite ammo and even used that thing on top of a subway train to shoot at drones, flying bikes and even took out a giant gunship. The gunship fight was really cool and memorable.

Fighting the gunship was amazing!
I also fought my first boss, a crazy dude with super human speed and the ability to clone himself. It was a hard fight and had to retry at least five times before killing him. It turned out, the key to killing him was to be patient, to use the DART interface and to keep the grenade launcher for when he clones himself. There were times where the rain of fire coming from the bad guy were too much if I didn't stay mobile.

Then I spied on a chick by hacking into her condo's CCTV feed and saw her get abducted. The rest of the mission was about finding this lady for God knows what. The story is kind of unimportant it seems. I also gained a new ability: Persuade. This convinces an enemy to join my side and shoot his buddies. If he survives, he then shoots himself in the head. It's a good ability that makes combat more interesting. I love this game. It knows what it's good at. Shooting shit. I like games that have self confidence hehe!