May 27, 2012

Split/Second

Power Plant is a cool track
Date played: May 24th and 25th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 200 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through a big fucking chunk of this game on Saturday. Basically, I completed about four complete episodes, getting all golds on each event. One of the detonator events took me as solid hour on it's own but I just couldn't walk away without winning. It took all my skill and I had to learn the event by heart but I finally got it, with some help from a friendly Youtuber.

There is also a new event, air revenge, that has me build up power by avoiding missiles from a helicopter then unleashing the built up power as a missile deflector. It's a pretty cool concept and to win first place, I really had to get almost all perfect missile dodges. I also enjoyed one of the new tracks that is set in and around a nuclear power plant. There are two cooling towers that can be destroyed and some tough turns in there so it makes it a really fun track. I now have four episodes to go before the end.