May 31, 2012

Split/Second

Killer trucks!
Date played: May 30th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 90 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played through another good chunk of this game, I now only have two episodes left! Things are starting to get more difficult but what's great about this game is that even though the Power Plays change the track and attack other racers, there's almost always a way to avoid crashing if you're careful and skilled. I think I'm pretty good at this so far, I have all golds for the first ten episodes! I think one of my favorite non-race events is the survival mode. It's the mode where huge trucks drop explosive barrels all over the track. The reason it's so much fun is because of the combo system. Every time you pass three trucks, you get a multiplier for your points. This makes having extended runs without crashing very valuable and gives the game an arcade feel. Survival mode would have made for a great arcade machine on it's own if you ask me. I plan on getting all golds on all events before getting Dirt Showdown.