May 22, 2012

Split/Second

I unlocked this track where a motherfucking train falls from the sky.
Date played: May 21st
Platform: PS3
Time played: 120 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played a lot of Split/Second today. My daughter was playing by herself and having fun in the living room so I booted up the old PS3 and played one of the few non violent games I have for it, this fine racing game. Having completed Dirt 3, I had no where else to go so I played through two episodes of the campaign, getting golds on all events but not without having to retry some of those detonator events multiple times.

Detonator is really just a time trial with shit exploding around the car and track. Some of them are really tight to get the gold time though, I had to be nearly flawless on two of them... This game is still a lot of fun and is still one of the more enjoyable racing games out there, it's just too bad there won't be a sequel and that no one plays online anymore.