May 17, 2012

Diablo 3

Date played: May 17th
Platform: PC
Time played: 170 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

Amazing. This time, I played with my witch doctor friend again but he brought in two of his friends, a monk and a demon hunter that were all close in levels. I really can't stress this enough, Diablo 3 is meant to be played in co-op. We had voice chat going through Steam and basically ploughed through most of the second part of Act 1, ending our run with the iconic Butcher.

I mean, there isn't much I can say here, we fucked up baddies, we picked up and traded loot, we fought a few mini bosses and took a ferry to another down being ransacked by Diablo's minions. The environments were more varied than I expected though, we saw everything from a prison to rainbows and lush waterfalls.

It was cool seeing the monk and demon hunter in action. The monk is fast and seems to focus on single enemy DPS. He hits hard but can get overwhelmed quickly. The demon hunter is an archer as far as I can tell. He shoots people from the back row with the witch doctor while me and the monk jump in the middle of the pack.
The Butcher is scary

The Butcher was an awesome fight as he hits really hard and forces players to move around to avoid fire on the ground. It was tough, our two ranged guys died. I survived probably simply since I have way more HP than the other classes because I was kind of sloppy. I reached level 15 by the end and had replaced most of my gear, some from crafting, some from random drops. I have a few new skills too like a passive thing that increases armor and a weapon throw. I found the weapon throw to be useful against the Butcher because I had to stay at range but otherwise, it seemed useless so I guess it's situational.

I love this game but don't get caught playing alone, that's boring!