May 16, 2012

Syndicate

La Balena is fucking cool
Date played: May 16th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 60 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I had a bit of time to kill this morning so I played a bit of Syndicate. I completed chapter 8 and started chapter 10. I had a frustrating experience though, the game/PS3 froze several times in the same section, a fight with two normal enemies and an armored minigun wielding guy. Eventually, it worked out and I killed them but I had to restart the PS3 about five times...

The sequence ended on a balcony where the hero almost got ran over by a transport ship but he managed to get on it and hold on for dear life for the duration of the trip. Eventually, we got to La Balena, Cayman Global's giant floating city and I was tasked with infiltrating it, though I'm never quite sure why. As usual, the game mechanics and cyber-punk aesthetics steal the show. The shooting is still top notch which is really the only reason I'm still playing this. It's a top tier shooter that seems to have been overlooked by pretty much everyone.