January 26, 2011

Motorstorm Pacific Rift

Date played: January 25th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 1/10

I wanted to play some online racing and didn't feel like playing Blur so I went back to Motorstorm, a game I haven't played much.  After downloading a 600MB patch, I jumped online and I hated it.

This should be fun right?  I mean, it looks really fun!
I really want to like this game.  The concept is great, the graphics are good, the tracks are crazy and the different vehicle classes make things interesting.  The reason I can't enjoy myself is the handling.  It seems that the almost all vehicle classes handle like a boat in maple syrup.  I placed last in all five races I played.  I think I just don't know how to play this game.  Should I be braking more?  Using the e-brake?  Am I using the wrong vehicles?  Do I just need to learn the tracks?

Anyway, as much as I want to love this game, I just can't and I will try to sell it or something.