January 26, 2011

Call of Duty Black Ops

Date played: January 25th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 60 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

New patch day!  The game seems to be more stable online and I haven't had any disconnection issues which is a  big improvement.  The biggest change in the patch seems to be Second Chance.  Now, when you drop someone into Second Chance, you get the kill no matter who finishes off the opponent.  The person who does finish the opponent gets an assist so this will prevent people from stealing my kills.
Shooting down aircraft in black and white

I played a few matches and had some interesting conversations with two Americans.  I was on the opposing team for the first two games.  In the first, I shot down a Chopper Gunner, allowing it only two kills.  In the lobby, one of the Americans was asking who did that.  When I answered that I did, he complimented me on my shot and we joked around a bit.

In the next match, I got a good score mostly getting kills with my trusty M60.  After the match, these two guys mimicked the sound it makes and said that's all they heard the whole game!  :-)

We finally played together in the last game and now there was four other people using the M60 so I guess they wanted to try out my style hehehe.... For once, playing with strangers was fun and interesting.