November 28, 2013

Pokemon Y

Lysandre is a pretty cool villain
Date played: November 25th and 26th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 7/10

I played through a few different areas of Pokemon Y. I cleared the giant ice cave that hosted an yeti looking creature being held hostage by Team Flare. The area was pretty interesting, including some interesting ice sliding puzzles. I captured maybe 5 new beasts, mostly ice-based of course. My team is pretty much set at this point though, so I'm just catching them for the hell of it. I then rode an ice creature through thick snow to the next town, home to the 7th gym.

After talking to all the townsfolk, I beat the shit out of the gym residents, mostly using my Gardevoir's Moonbeam. All my Pokemon are above level 60 now, so I have no issues winning any battles. After I beat the gym, I was informed that I could try to stop Team Flare by finding their secret lair hidden in a cafe in Lumiose City. I flew there and found the entrance where I had a pretty cool battle against Lysandre, the leader of Team Flare. I started exploring the lair, where I fought many of the Team Flare leaders I already faced in previous areas. We'll see where that leads.