November 14, 2013

Pikmin 3

Date played: November 10th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 10/10

I played two more exploration days with my daughter in tow. We managed to kill a few dangerous crabs, losing dozens of Pikmin along the way. The crabs were very deadly, but they were nothing compared to the enormous creature I faced at the end of the level. It's some sort of plant that took shelter in a weird shell. I knocked it awake with some rock Pikmin. It then rampaged around the area on it's three legs. I threw some blue Pikmin at it's legs to knock it down on it's chest. I had to use blue because the holes it made in the mud with it's feet were full of water.

Looting huge fruit before the big battle!
Once down, I was able to throw a few reds into the mix to damage it, but he decimated my army. He has a huge tongue that he uses to lick away attacking Pikmin, I think I have to avoid it a lot better to conserve my soldiers. After a full day of battling, he was only at half health, but the battle isn't over yet!