November 20, 2013

Call of Duty Ghosts

Date played: November 17th, 18th and 19th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I finally got to dig my teeth into Ghosts properly. I've played maybe two dozen online matches, reaching level 10 or so. I think I've found a groove for my class setup. I'm rocking the Ameli, a mid range, high damage, low fire rate LMG. I've added a red dot sight, a fore grip and a muzzle brake. The muzzle brake increases damage at long range, making the weapon fit my style very well. To do so, I've had to set one of my perks to allow three attachments.

To finish it off, I've picked up sleight of hand for faster reloads, though I'm not sure I'm going to keep it yet. The last and most important addition to my setup is predator. This allows for faster movement while aiming down sights, a critical perk for a my style. It allows me to cover corners well and maintain mobility that LMG's don't normally allow. As soon as I bought it, I saw a definite improvement in my performance. I've managed to top the leaderboards more than once.
This is one of my favorite maps so far

My best match so far has been on a beautiful outdoor map, set in and around a castle of sorts. I scored a solid 19-8. The highlight of the match for me was when I managed to get a guard dog and set up a sentry gun in a small building. I mowed down 4 or 5 guys with the turret and covered my back with my trusty weapon. The guard dog picked up any strays. I'm liking this game a lot so far, though I still have a lot to learn.