November 10, 2013

Pikmin 3

Date played: November 9th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 10/10

Motherfucking treacherous spaceman. The little blue man we picked up piloted the ship down to Earth and ran off with all our juice! Stunned, we are now looking for the little bitch. When he ran away, he blew open a new area for us to explore. Our first priority was to find some juice of course. Soon after going through the opening created by the thief, we ran into a blue onion which spawned a single blue Pikmin. These little creatures can survive, attack and carry things underwater! Armed with 10 little blue guys, we found some fruit in a puddle. I built up my army of blue Pikmin as best I could and explored the area, building a new bridge and slowly making progress in finding the scumbag.
Blue Pikmin open up tons of new opportunities

On my second exploration day, I opted to go visit another region to gather some fruit from previously blocked off areas. I found that using pink and blue Pikmin together was a really good combination. The pink Pikmin fly over the water and the blue Pikmin simply walk through it. I even had some underwater fights that were interesting to look at.