November 10, 2013

Pokemon Y

Blaziken is my strongest unit so far
Date played: November 9th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 7/10

Another day in Pokemon, another day spent fighting and capturing. Pokemon is weird in that there's kind of nothing happening, but it's still really fun to level up and explore. My team is now between levels 58 and 61 yet I'm still fighting level 45's. Route 15 and 16 were full of new stuff to capture and people to talk to. I explored a derelict underground hotel, got a new fishing rod and explored a new, icy city. In the city, I found one of the most interesting people in the game so far as she can recall Pokemon's old forgotten moves in exchange for a heart scale. I spent a good amount of time reconfiguring my 6 unit's moves. I understand the game mechanics a lot more now, so I was able to make smarter choices.

Blaziken, Greninja, Venusaur, Gardevoir, Krookodile and Heliolisk are a good team I think. I have variety, versatility and style. My next task is to explore a frozen cavern. The Pokemon that will help me traverse Route 17 is pre-occupied with something in the cavern, so I have to fix that before moving forward.