November 3, 2013

LittleBigPlanet PSVita

Date played: November 2nd
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 8/10

I finished LittleBigPlanet Vita.

This was by far the best in the series, it's too bad that not too many people got to play it. The last few levels in the haunted house were pretty standard platforming levels with a few touch sequences, but the difficulty was definitely higher than earlier levels. Also, a the most interesting mini-game was unlocked at the end. It's a tilt puzzle similar to the physical mazes where you have to tilt the game to move a marble around obstacles. Being a video game, it's a lot more intense, including some high speed sequences reminiscent of Sonic the Hedgehog.

My sackboy
The last boss was pretty difficult. The first phase had me dodging projectiles and grappling around. The catch is that it's set on a conveyor belt, adding to the difficulty. After hitting him three times by grapple, I moved on to the second phase. This time, I had to dodge laser beams and bombs, then flick a piece of the monster back unto itself using the touch screen. Finally, I was given a grabinator to grab the bombs and throw them back at support beams to make the monster fall. I completely skipped every single story cut scene in this game as they were pointless, annoying and badly written, so I'm not sure what the point was, but I can safely say it was a ton of fun!