November 26, 2011

Dirt 3

This is a great steering wheel
Date played: November 25th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

Well, I finally set up my friend's Driving Force GT racing wheel in my basement.  I moved my PS3 just to try this out and it was definitely worth it.  The Dirt series has always impressed me with it's steering wheel support and Dirt 3 is no exception.  It just feels right.  Every bump in the road, every jump, every loss of control feel almost real.

I made sure to disable the HUD completely, put on my trusty Tritton AX720 surround headset, turned down the lights and put on comfortable shoes before I hit the gravel!  Long story short, I went through one rally event and won, but I had to turn the difficulty down a notch.  Next time, I want to try Gran Turismo but it's usually just not that exciting...