November 13, 2011

Trine

Date played: November 13th
Platform: PC
Time played: 100 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I finished Trine today.  The last three levels were definitely harder than the rest of the game.  The puzzles were tougher, the enemies more numerous and the platforming was just...evil.  It seems like I really had to take advantage of each hero's strengths to succeed.

The ending was really short.  There was a giant skeleton man thing trying to hunt us while navigating the gauntlet-type last level.  It was pretty lame that the only real end was the warrior bonking the skeleton dude on the head with a hammer in a cut-scene.  There was a short epilogue which was pretty funny.  The warrior became an ale brewer, the thief just kept on thieving and the wizard had triplets, all of which mastered the illusive fireball spell as toddlers!

Heroes being heroes
I loved this game and now look forward to the sequel.  I'm thinking I might need a new PC in the near future though as this game is from 2009 and I couldn't even run it in 1080p without having a bad frame rate.