November 21, 2011

Uncharted 3

Date played: November 20th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 60 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Finally, I am back from my long work trip and have a lot of PS3 gaming to catch up to!  I started with Uncharted 3 and played the first few chapters of the game.  Essentially, it started with a unarmed combat tutorial that set up the story.  Then there was a cool flashback sequence where we see how Nathan met Sully as a young teenager.  It also served as a platforming tutorial.  It was a nice surprise to see Nathan as a kid and made the relationship between him and Sully more meaningful.

The last chapter I played was about finding a way inside a garage and finding a secret entrance.  I haven't really started the real game yet but so far, it feels like Uncharted, which is a great thing.