November 9, 2011

Trine

Date played: November 9th
Platform: PC
Time played: 75 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I forgot how awesome this game is.  I don't really remember why I stopped playing but I decided today to get back to it for some reason.  I played through three levels, a thicket, some ruins and a mine.  It's a weird game, it's basically a three in one.  A puzzle game, an platformer, and a brawler.

Trine has a great art style
The wizard is usually involved in the puzzles, conjuring planks, boxes and floating platforms.  These are mainly used to navigate the environment, create safe areas or bypass tricky platforming sections.  The knight is a pure brawler.  He does my fighting (for the most part) and is handy when I want to break the shit out of things with a hammer.  The thief is my favorite by far.  She shoots pretty strong arrows, jumps higher, runs faster and best of all, she has a grappling hook.

So I solved puzzles, fought skeletons, explored dangerous areas and gawked at the beautiful graphics in Trine.