November 16, 2011

Half-Life 2 Episode 2

Date played: November 15th
Platform: PC
Time played: 120 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

Wow, this game keeps getting better and better!  I got to the car and drove it back to Alyx.  This involved a clever puzzle that asked me to move weight on a bridge to topple it so I could drive to the other side.  Then we drove for a bit, reached a comm tower and sent a message to White Forest.  This is where we got attacked by three hunters.  Hunters behave a little bit like Elites from the Halo series.  They are smart, fast and pack a lot of firepower. We disposed of them by filling them with lead and by blowing shit up in their face, it was an awesome fight.

A Strider, Dog and my favorite weapon, all in one screenshot!
Then we reached an outpost but wrecked the car.  I had to go clean out some enemies from the streets while Alyx was repairing it.  More driving ensued, then a big ambush.  I holed up in a house and defended myself from three hunters and dozens of Combine soldiers.  The crossbow I had just picked up came in really handy!

We eventually reached White Forest where we were attacked by a Strider, the giant three legged creatures. In a surprise twist, Dog, the big robotic canine, came to our rescue and led us to the White Forest facility. We finally delivered the data to the scientists.  Then, of course, the facility was attacked.  I fought off more hunters (with a rocket launcher!) and stopped playing shortly after.  This game is just amazing!