April 29, 2017

Horizon Zero Dawn

Date played: April 28th
Platform: PS4

Before returning to Nora lands, I decided to get the last of the vantage points, hidden far to the north in a snowy area. There was a lot of climbing and platforming, but the biggest problem was the horde of enemies that patrolled the area. Stalkers, Watchers, Ravagers and Glinthawks were roaming the area in large numbers. In my first attempt, I ended up dying when a Ravager pushed me off a cliff, so I had to try again.
The last vantage point was hidden behind a plethora of dangerous machines
My next attempt was way more organized and prudent. I started by overriding a Ravager and letting him do his thing against the others. I helped a bit, but stayed hidden in tall grass. I finally reached the vantage point and got the trophy for getting all the vantage points.

I'm getting really close to having all the optional trophies, and the only one that's been bugging me is finding all the grazer dummies in Nora lands. I used a map from a walkthrough and systematically going to every village that has dummies. I found two or three that I had missed, but I can't enter the Embrace without continuing the story.

During my travels to find the dummies, I also picked up a couple of low level side quests that I had missed earlier. One of them was stupid simple... I just needed some Chillwater, a Lancehorn lens and to deliver some arrows to a kid in a watchtower. The other led me back to Carja lands to find a guy. When I did, he needed help picking up some stuff he dropped when he was attacked by a herd of Tramplers, so of course, I had to kill them. There were about 6 or 7 Tramplers, so it was no easy task. Once again, I used the Override ability to gain an advantage, and I stayed at very long range, taking occasional potshots with the marksman bow.

Finally, another side quest had me battle against a Stormbird. They are easy for me now, I just tie them down with the Ropecaster, freeze them with grenades then use explosives to deal heavy damage. I'm now ready to continue the story and return to Aloy's homeland.