April 17, 2017

Horizon Zero Dawn

Date played: April 15th
Platform: PS4

I didn't get to play video games much this weekend, but I did sneak in a little bit of Horizon, including a story mission. My first job was to find the last of the escaped prisoners. I talked to a few people in Brightmarket, then had enough information to find a trail that led me to the bad guy.

I then took on a corrupted zone (I thought I did them all, guess I was wrong!) with a couple of Behemoths and some Watchers. I took care of the Watchers from a distance first, then attacked the lumbering Behemoths. Freezing these guys helps a lot... I also found a Vantage point and a Banuk figure in the area.
The desert of the north-west is lots of fun to explore
The story mission was pretty damn cool. I had to infiltrate a facility and find a way to deactivate the enemy Focus network. The whole time, Sylens was kind of being a dick. There was a lot of sneaking around in the early parts of the mission as I avoided humans and machines alike. Eventually, I found a broken Tallneck and was able to override the network from it, but that awakened a trio of Deathbringers, more than I could expect to destroy.

My only option was to run. In an exciting sequence, I had to run, dodge, sprint, shimmy, climb and jump my way up some rocky, dangerous cliffs while being shot at by the Deathbringers. It was cool... I've got a mission in a village in the north-west area, a place I haven't explored yet, so I'm excited to see what's next.