July 2, 2013

Zen Pinball 2

Date played: July 1st
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 9/10

To celebrate Canada Day, I spent some time with my family. It was also a great time to finish my man-cave, which is almost complete now. That means I now have a very comfortable spot to go play games, so I had to test it out proper! I played some split screen Zen Pinball 2 with my brother. The mode is essentially a race for the highest score. While the concept is really good, the interface kind of sucks and often would obscure the playing field and made it more difficult to see all the ramps and knick-knacks at the top of the table.
My man-cave
We had a lot more fun with the hot seat mode and we added a third player. Each player gets three balls and you pass the controller to the next person when a ball is lost. We had tons of fun exploring the tables together, trying to learn their more obscure features. It's a lot easier to learn a table when watching someone else since you don't have to focus on the ball so much. The table we had the most fun with is the Avengers. That table is complex, fast and has some really cool features that could never be done on a physical table, such as a jet launching and all sorts of crazy shit.