July 5, 2013

Gran Turismo 6 demo

You look great baby, too bad you can't race.
Date played: July 4th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 3/10

Polyphony Digital just doesn't fucking get it do they? This is one of the most boring racing games I've played in a while. Don't get me wrong, it's a great driving game, but it's not racing game. The AI is dumber than Chris Brown, the collision physics feel like they are straight out of early '90's Stunts and sounds are as boring as a lecture on chemistry.

To be fair, it looks great, runs great and has some amazing replays. It also drives pretty damn well. It's just too bad that it feels more like a time trial simulator than a racing game. Plus, the game starts you in a fucking Nissan Leaf. Come on. I eventually graduated to the beautiful 370z which is a lot more fun to drive. I think I'll stick to Grid.