July 21, 2013

Earthbound

Fuzzy Pickles!
Date played: July 20th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 9/10

Finally, Earthbound is re-released for the first time since 1995. My love for RPG's started with Super Mario RPG, but it grew with games like Earthbound. It's a game that I've never owned though. I rented it many many times, usually having to play from the beginning of the game and never having enough time to finish it. I've always loved the unique setting. There aren't enough games set in a bright, cheery modern day. Every little thing makes a difference such as making a call on a payphone, using an ATM or battling wild snakes with a cracked bat.

I only played through the intro where the meteorite crashes, Ness investigates with his dog and dumb neighbour and meets Buzz-Buzz, the powerful bee who gets hilariously slapped to death by the ugly mom next door. At 9.99$, Nintendo is really pushing it, but I love the game too much to pass up playing it again.