July 4, 2013

Final Fantasy VI

Edward is in my active party now
Date played: July 2nd and 3rd
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 8/10

I needed a relaxing game to play while in bed last night so FFVI seemed like a good one to continue. I initiated my travels with a visit to the auction house, where I scored two new Espers, for a hefty price of course. Since I just got the airship, I looked up a few FAQ's to see if there was anything useful I could do and found a spot to steal some Genji Gear from some monsters. The gear is stronger than anything I've had before so I farmed for three of them.

I then headed for Narshe where I had a conversation with a wise dude about what to do next. We decided that the only way we could take out the Empire was with the Esper's help from the World of Ruin. Terra seems best suited for this task as she is a human/esper hybrid. Before heading to the dungeon that opens the gate between worlds, I recruited Mog in a fun side quest through the mines of Narshe.

I then started the dungeon, a place filled with lava and fire-resistant enemies. I found a lot of cool gear in there and the enemies haven't given me any real trouble yet. I've swapped out Setzer for Edward as he seems a lot more powerful and versatile.