July 31, 2013

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

Blanka is awesome...
Date played: July 30th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played a bit of SSFIVAE on the couch against my friend. He's usually pretty good at games but is not experienced with Street Fighter. We played a few rounds where he just picked characters he thought looked cool. Having played this series extensively, I beat his ass into the fucking ground. To assert my dominance completely, I even played a round with Blanka and cheesed him the fuck out. I rolled into him a few times until he reached the corner, then I jumped in and just used the electric punch attack over and over again, netting me a perfect, cheap ass victory.

I then offered my friend some mentoring. We both picked Ryu, we removed the time limit and I just had him practice basic moves like Haduken, Shoryuken and the flying roundhouse kick move. Eventually, we started having some much closer battles, even though he only managed to win one round. I also played a very successful round as Crimson Viper (she is really fun to play) and a few rounds as Sakura.