July 17, 2013

Lego City Undercover

Gelato!
Date played: July 16th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 7/10

I didn't have much time to play but I still managed to play a mission, got a new costume skill and explored a new area. Chase helped out the mafioso from the previous mission by ramming a car into a large airport transport truck until it's driver ran away. Chase then stole the truck and brought it to the big boss. The scene where they meet feels straight out of an 80's spoof movie like Airplane or Naked Gun, it was genuinely funny!

After that, I just explored the new area, a sort of Italian district of sorts, complete with canals and gelato shops. I also unlocked a new tool for the robber costume, a paint gun. It seems that all the weird grey objects I have been seeing in the world need to be colored with this gun. The catch is that the object must be colored the correct color. For example, a tree should be green. The gun comes in pink by default, it's colors must be changed at little color stations around the world. It seems like this will open a whole new set of objectives! I also completed one car robbery mission.