July 29, 2013

Earthbound

Frank is a douche, but his robot is worse!
Date played: July 28th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 4/10

Urgh... I forgot this game requires farming. I explored Onett and talked to almost all of it's residents. The writing is easily one of the best qualities of this game as everyone has something funny to say. The dog that channels the game developers voice is one of the funniest... I'm trying to get to the mayor so that I can have access to the road to the next city but that requires a daisy chain of events to be completed before that. The first thing I must do is rid the town of it's little hoodlum gang, led by Frank, the red jacket wearing greaser.

I tried to take him on and I beat him, but there is a second boss fight against his robot right after that and I was just taking too much damage. That means I have to farm experience for a bit... I've upgraded most of my equipment but it still isn't enough. I fought some greasers in the streets for a bit but when they gang up, they can easily take me down. I think I will have to just level up a bit more before moving on.