April 26, 2014

Hotline Miami

Date played: April 26th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 9/10

I finished Hotline Miami!

There isn't much to say about this game honestly. The levels got tougher and tougher and the story got weirder and weirder. I have to say, I didn't really understand what was going on, but the gameplay was excellent. The responsiveness of the controls really puts the game at a higher level than others like it. The music was still incredible too, which helps a lot. I had that thing blasting through my Big Jambox the whole time.

The last boss was incredibly cool. I had to fight two purple panthers with a trumpet (!), then throw the instrument at a teenaged ninja chick, smash her head against the floor until there was a vulgar amount of bloor splatter, then use her knives to throw them at the dual machine gun wielding boss before he shot a bullet through his own head.

Oof.
The biker
There was also a cool epilogue featuring another character, the biker. He has knives only and cannot pick up weapons, so it made for a nice change of pace. He has three throwing knives only, so I had to make them count in the few chapters I played with him. I liked Hotline Miami, it has an amazing vibe and it just fucking weird.