April 7, 2013

Lego City Undercover

SHINE GET!
Date played: April 7th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 9/10

Today was a rainy, cold day which means we spent most of it inside. Seeing as I can't exactly play any game while my three year old is around, I spent a lot of time with Lego City Undercover. I completed the mining level, highlighted by an amazing free fall sequence through the mine shaft. I eventually found Rex but since Chase's combat skills kinda suck, he got beat up and decided to learn kung fu to prepare for next time.

I went through the dojo area. It was all really pretty and fun, with fireworks and gongs punctuating the exploration and combat. This was a short section but proved to be pretty funny since it was full of Matrix references. After I left though, I didn't go for the next mission right away, I spent a LOT of time just exploring parts of the city, unlocking costumes, vehicles, gathering studs and blocks, even building many large structures such as a house and a train station. The game is starting to open up a lot now in chapter 5. I reached and explored a large urban area. I even found a couple of Mario references along the way. I like this game a lot, it's simple, fun and addicting, due to the insane amount of collectibles.