April 14, 2013

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Date played: April 13th and 14th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played a few good TDM matches of Black Ops 2 this weekend. I actually did really well, including one of my best games ever at 22-3. I've been using a different TV that is a lot smaller but also a lot closer to me and it's been helping quite a bit. I also seem to do a bit better when I have the predator aiming reticule... The MK48 has been serving me very well and I finally unlocked the stock attachment for it's second prestige.
This dude cheered me on in the first mission
I also played a bit of the campaign for the first time... The story starts in the future sometime and while I confuse the names, one of the dudes from the first game is an old man in a home who gets interviewed by some officials about....something. Whatever, it's mostly non-sense that leads to a flashback in the late 70's or early 80's. The first mission was cool looking but ultimately felt like every other fucking Call of Duty campaign since Modern Warfare. There was a huge crew of warriors on both sides so I used my RPD to mow down dozens of soldiers. I also took out some tanks via some aircraft fly-by shooting segments. We were trying to save one of the dudes who was being held on a boat. We crash landed on it, killed tons of dudes then shot up many gun boats. After all that we found the man but he was badly hurt so I transported him on my shoulder while hiding in the bushes. I stopped playing shortly after because of a fucking bug. Basically, a soldier got stuck in a tree was checkpointed there. The problem is that I was supposed to go through the area undetected which became impossible because of the stuck dude. I think I will have to restart the mission, fucking bummer.