April 6, 2013

Lego City Undercover

Date played: April 6th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 9/10

Well this was fun! I played through chapters 2 and 3 and a short portion of 4. Chapter 2 introduced me to the grappling hook, letting Chase reach high ledges when blue hooks are available. It opens up a lot of areas in the city. I was tasked with identifying the location of some French robbers by scanning the area with the Gamepad. Once I found them, I went through a platforming section that included lots of grapple hooks, swinging from poles and doing acrobatics. There are also blue and white Lego pieces that allow for some stunts like wall jumping, climbing and even long range jumps (in slow motion!).

The prison chapter was lots of fun
Chapter 3 was set in the Albatross prison, a satire of the famous Alcatraz prison. I had to break up a prison riot and find Rex Fury's cell. Once I found it, I searched the room for a hidden passage where I found more hints but ultimately, couldn't find Rex. To get to the prison though, I had to make my first super build, a large construction that requires many blocks in my inventory. For this particular location, I had to build a ferry.

I played a short portion of chapter 4 which was set in a mine that is having some problems. Again, there was a lot of platforming but I also got to use my new prisoner outfit to open some solid doors with a crowbar. I also found the miner costume which allows Chase to break boulders and carry dynamite.