April 29, 2013

Kirby's Adventure

Date played: April 28th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 7/10

I've never played Kirby's Adventure, it came out late in the NES's life and I was already on the SNES train at that point. I bought it on Wii U as a part of the 30 cent promotion and I was pleasantly surprised. I played it only on the Wii U pad and I have to say, it looks pretty damn good for a SNES game. The controls are crisp, simple and effective and it's actually pretty fun to play.
They don't make box art like this anymore!
I played through the first three levels. The concept is simple. Kirby can fly, can eat enemies and can absorb their ability such as swords, fire breathing and spikes. Honestly, this is a simple, fun game that does what it does well. It kind of makes me want to check out the one that came out on Wii a while back, Kirby's Return to Dreamland I think?