March 24, 2012

SSX

Date played: March 23rd and 24th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 90 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played a few explore events and they were pretty cool. Then I played through the Himalayas, including Mount Everest, and it was not as much fun in some spots. The regular tracks were great and lots of fun, but the special survival tracks were complete garbage. Basically, the air is so thin that the snow boarder wears an oxygen tank that the player can use at will until it's depleted. The problem is that the screen dims to black when oxygen is needed and that makes it too hard to get back on track and get some speed to reduce the amount of oxygen needed. I made it through without much effort but it was still frustrating and not fun at all.

Mont Blanc is my next target
Now I've got most of the characters unlocked, a lot of credits in the bank and only three deadly descents to go. I unlocked the Alps and Africa and started with the Alps. The enemy here is rocks. I made it through all the events but the Survive It when I stopped playing.