March 5, 2012

Resident Evil Revelations

Date played: March 3rd
Platform: 3DS
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

This area reminds me of the mansion in RE1
The game is starting to show it's meat and potatoes here. I played through Episode 2 which had me trying to find my partner as well as my weapons and equipment. It's weird, the last time I played, Jill got poisoned and woke up in a room. I got her out of there and soon learned about the dodge mechanic in the game. Basically, I just have to press a direction and a button when I'm about to be attacked and Jill will dodge. It works well enough it seems but I need more practice.

So I went through a whole section of the ship that looked a whole lot like the mansion from the first RE game, dodging and running from creatures the whole time. The sequence had a surprising amount of tension to it and that was really enjoyable. I soon reached a room where my equipment was stored, fought a bunch of bad guys and got back to my starting point where I could now shoot a padlock off a door and continue with my partner. Chapter 3, here I come!