March 12, 2012

Mass Effect 3

Date played: March 10th and 11th
Platform: Xbox 360
Time played: 140 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

I finally got to explore the Normandy and it's received some interesting changes in the layout but it still feels like the Normandy. I talked to a bunch of my crew and started building relationships with them. I was then able to just go out into space, which is similar to Mass Effect 2. I explored a few systems but I don't get the scanning mechanic yet. Basically, I can press a button in a system to scan and discover anomalies (credits, missions, etc). There is a chance that Reapers will sense the scan and invade the system which is probably a game over.
Garrus rocks

Either way, I decided to just go do the next mission where I had to go help the Turians protect one of their planets by fighting some dudes on a moon. I even met Garrus who joined my crew of course. He's a beast with the sniper rifle. I bought some new weapons too and combat has been easy so far. I completed that quest and now have a bunch of side quests, most of them on the Citadel. It's unclear where the other quests are though, this isn't like Skyrim where it always points you to the right place. I should also mention that Shep is flirting with Liara again.