March 3, 2012

Machinarium

I love the art style in this game
Date played: March 2nd
Platform: PC
Time played: 45 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

Machinarium is a point and click adventure game that I've had sitting in my Steam library for a while. I wanted to play something calm so I booted it up and played through the first 4 or 5 screens. Each screen is a puzzle where the hero, a stretchable robot, tries to move forward. I'm not quite sure what the point is but the puzzles are ingenious and the art is pretty so it seems worth my time.

The puzzles are varied so far, having rebuilt myself, fooled a robot guard into thinking I was one of them, derailed a cart of berries and even been captured by two evil robots. I can't wait to see where this game goes as the puzzles were a lot of fun so far.